DACA is an executive order issued June 15, 2012, which enables childhood arrivals to apply for work authorization. Although deferred action does not provide an individual with lawful status, it does permit a qualified applicant within the State of Texas to work, receive a Social Security Number, and apply for a Texas Driver’s License. This important step has enabled many of our clients to come out of the shadows and pursue new job opportunities to provide for themselves, their families, and their future.
Deferred Action Requirements:
You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Have continuously resided int he United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
- Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Anyone requesting consideration for deferred action under this process must have been less than 31 years old as of June 15, 2012. You must also be at least 15 years or older to request deferred action, unless you are currently in removal proceedings or have a final removal or voluntary departure order.
The Davis Law Firm Can Help
Want to learn more about Deferred Action requirements to see if you or a family member qualifies? Call the Davis Law Firm today at 800-770-0127 or 210-444-4444, or contact us here to get started.
To learn more about how we can fight for your interests and your future, please contact our law offices today for a free initial consultation.Find A Location Live Chat