Texas Car Wrecks
Living in Texas means driving in one of the largest states in the country, and with that comes a perk that some see as a luxury – space. Wide open spaces of nothing in between large cities that Texas drivers measure in units of time instead of distance. But even with so much space to drive on car accident statistics are on the rise. Every year the roads of Texas witness over 200,000 car wrecks that involve serious injuries or fatalities. According to TxDOT, that number of traffic accidents resulting in deaths increased by nearly double from 2013-2014.
San Antonio Car Wrecks
Every major city has its fair share of bad drivers and San Antonio is no exception. Only in your State published an article listing the top 15 cities in Texas with the worst drivers. San Antonio ranked number 13th for having an accident likelihood of 24.2%. That means that every driver in this city has a 24.2% statistic chance that they will be involved in a motoring or traffic accident. The figures are even more alarming as the number of car accidents in San Antonio have been going up by nearly 3,000 annually in recent years. San Antonio sees over 37,000 car wreaks every year. Every day two people sustain injuries from a car accident, and one person dies in a traffic accident every three days!
What to Do After a Car Wreck
If you have never been in a car accident and survived, consider yourself fortunate. However, it is important to know what to do in the event that bad luck happens to strike. These are important suggestions to keep in mind on what to look for and how to handle the events the follow a traffic accident.
- Symptoms may be delayed due to your body’s adrenaline from the shock of an accident, so you may feel fine at first. Seeking immediate medical attention as soon as possible could prevent untreated injuries from getting worse as time passes.
- If you can and are able to, document the events leading up to the crash. Time of day, weather, location, contact information of other parties involved, a police report, photos of the accident and your injuries.
- Seek legal help from a trusted personal injury attorney or law firm. Especially if the injuries you have sustained will affect your ability to work.
- Avoid posting photos of the accident or your injuries on social media.
- Do not give any statements, written, oral, or recorded, to the other driver’s insurance companies’ adjuster. Not without first seeking legal advice from a personal injury attorney.
These steps can help you build a case if you decide to seek legal action against the other part involved or the insurance company who refuses to pay your medical expenses. As well as save you from wrongful liability in the event that you are sued by the other party for an accident that was not your fault.
Jeff is Here 4 You
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident Jeff is here for you! Davis Law Firm is standing by 24/7, through the holiday season, to listen to your case. Our team of legal representatives offer free consultation at no risk to you. Jeff Davis is the San Antonio lawyer that is here for you, so don’t wait another day contact us today.