What To Do After A Multi-Car Accident

Who’s to Blame After A Multi-Car Accident?

A two-car accident is already a traumatic event for both parties involved, but what happens when more cars are involved and it turns into a pile up? How do insurance companies figure out who is at fault? Who pays? These are questions that can come up when dealing with a multi-car accident.

Chain Reaction

In the event of a multi-car accident, the police will figure out who started the chain reaction that led to the accident. That is why you shouldn’t move your car after an accident, but there are special circumstances that don’t apply to this rule. Safety is the main reason why you may need to move cars away from traffic. If the accident is on an interstate or busy street, moving the cars to a safer location can avoid causing additional pile-ups. However, it is recommend that you stay in your vehicle with your seat-belt fasten if the scene of the accident is dangerous. Don’t risk getting out of the car until EMT and police have arrived and secured the scene.

Driver testimony, and scene of the accident, will reflect who is at fault on a police report. A car runs into a car in front setting off a chain reaction of cars crashing into each other is the most common scenario. Police officials also have to determine if any of the drivers were speeding, distracted, or under the influence of any substance that could affect their driving ability.

car wreck lawyer san antonioMore Cars, More Headaches

The more vehicles involved in a car accident the more complicated the case will be. Multi-car accidents have a higher risk of injuries and are more difficult to determine who is at fault. If more than one driver is at fault then they will share the blame and their insurance companies will decide the percentage of the blame. For example, one driver could be 20% at fault while the other driver is 80% at fault, and that will be the percentage their insurance companies will pay. Being at fault also means that the other drivers can sue you for damages. That is why taking photos, if possible, at the scene of the accident is so important. Contacting an attorney in these kinds of situations is highly suggested in order to avoid being blamed for something you didn’t cause.

What to Do After A Multi-Car Accidentjapanese car wreck

Treat it like any other car or truck accident.

  • Do not get out of your vehicle unless it is safe to do so
  • If possible, take photos and video of the scene
  • Obtain insurance information from all parties involved
  • Wait for the police to arrive in order to fill out a report
  • Contact your insurance adjuster

Call an personal injury attorney for injuries or wrongful blame of the accident. Explain to the attorney your side of the story and let them fight with the insurance companies while you focus on your recovery.

Injured In A Car Accident? Davis Law Firm is Here 4 You!

If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident and are struggling from the aftermath, Jeff is here 4 you! Davis Law Firm is here for you 24/7 to listen to your case.

Setting up a free consultation with our legal representatives is the first time in fighting for what you deserve. Don’t suffer another day and call 210-444-4444 now!