There are many types of work visas that make it possible for immigrants to work in the U.S., either temporarily or permanently. Temporary visas are only valid for up to seven years. Before you apply for any type of visa, it is important that you consult a San Antonio immigration attorney.
Temporary Work Permits
Numerous types of temporary visas exist. The most popular ones include:
- L1 – This type of visa is valid for five to seven years. It is meant for employees of international corporations who are transferred to a branch or office in the U.S.
- H1B – This is meant for specialists with a professional degree in their respective fields.
- H2A – This temporary visa is meant for workers in the agricultural sector.
- P1 – The visa is meant for internationally recognized entertainers and athletes.
Permanent Work Permits
Workers who wish to stay in the United States for more than seven years or permanently have several options. These include:
- EB1 – For individuals with extraordinary abilities in business, arts, sciences, or the athletics industries, multinational executives and outstanding researchers, or professors.
- EB2 – For individuals who have exception abilities in business, sciences, or arts, or professionals with advanced degrees.
- EB3 – For skilled workers and professionals.
- EB4 – For religious workers, alien minors, and U.S. foreign servants among other special immigrants.
- EB5 – For individuals who invest between $500,000 and $1 million US dollars in a new business that will hire at least ten U.S. citizens.
Where to Get Help With US Visas
By getting in touch with the Davis Law Firm and talking to a San Antonio immigration attorney, you will be able to make an informed decision regarding the most suitable type of work visa to apply for. You will also get help filing the necessary paperwork within the specified deadlines. Give us a call today at 512-458-5333.