Big rigs, tractor-trailers, semis, 18-wheelers: These very large trucks have many names, but nearly every motorist knows that they can be dangerous in traffic. Like small warehouses on wheels, semi trucks pose hazards to other people using our streets and highways, including drivers and passengers in cars and smaller trucks, pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists. Owners and operators of heavy-duty trucks must follow state and federal laws and safety regulations designed to protect the general public from these risks.
Beginning an investigation right away after a truck accident can help uncover the cause of the crash. Frequently, investigators discover safety violations that contributed to the accident. If you or your close family member suffered serious injuries in an Albuquerque truck accident or a Rio Rancho truck crash, attorneys of Davis Law Firm urge you to consult with a lawyer as soon as possible. Whether you ultimately work with our law firm or any other attorney, you have much at stake in the aftermath of a truck wreck that resulted in serious to catastrophic injury or loss of a loved one in a fatal accident.
The sooner you have an attorney on board, the greater your chances are of finding out the true cause of the accident:
- Was the truck driver fatigued or distracted?
- Were safety inspections overlooked or rushed?
- Did the truck driver commit a traffic violation?
- Was he or she driving drunk or under the influence of drugs of any kind (prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications or illegal drugs)?
- Was the truck’s load out of balance because it had not been properly secured at the loading dock?
- Was the truck overloaded, carrying more weight than allowed by law?
- Were any truck components — brakes, transmission, tires, lights or reflectors, for example — defective or poorly maintained?
Contact Our Albuquerque Truck Accident Attorneys
A careful investigation can determine whose negligence caused a Belen or Rio Rancho truck crash. Attorneys at Davis Law Firm welcome your call or e-mail. We have valuable information and advice to share with you and your family after a serious truck accident in New Mexico.
Davis Law Firm features board-certified attorneys with a track record of successful truck accident cases. We aim to help clients settle truck accident cases out of court, but we are always prepared to argue in favor of compensation for our clients before a judge or jury if that becomes necessary. Call or e-mail us to schedule a free consultation in our law offices, in your hospital, at your home or in any mutually convenient location.
To learn more about how we can fight for your interests and your future, please contact our law offices today for a free initial consultation.Find A Location Live Chat